At Cosmétique, we offer the popular procedure of Gynecomastia in our Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne clinics to a wide range of patients. Cosmétique has a faculty of highly qualified doctors who specialise in cosmetic surgery. We encourage you to talk to us about your concerns so we can help you achieve your goals.
What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is a prominence of glandular or breast tissue in men. Pseudogynecomastia is the province of fat in the chest area. Male breasts may consist of any combination of excess fat, skin, or glandular tissue. With gynecomastia and pseudogynecomastia, the chest will appear overly abundant ranging from puffiness behind the nipple to total loss of muscle definition. One or both breasts will contain fat, glandular tissue or excess skin that make the breasts protrude from or sag away from the chest wall. In milder cases, it may be isolated behind the areola, or nipples may swell. In severe cases, the male chest can look very much like woman’s breasts Men frequently feel self- conscious about Gynecomastia and Pseudogynecomastia.
What is the ideal male chest?
The ideal male chest is typically flat and firm with very little projection from the nipple. Ideally, the pectoralis major muscle lateral and inferior border can be seen.
How is Gynecomastia Treated?
Surgery is the most common and predictable way of managing gynecomastia and pseudogynecomastia. The surgery involves combination of liposuction to remove excess fat and a curvilinear incision along the nipple areolar complex to remove the glandular tissue. Following recovery, the scars become almost invisible.
What are the causes of Gynecomastia?
Many causes of enlarged breasts in men are unknown- this is called idiopathic gynecomastia. It may also be caused by imbalances of testosterone and estrogen marked by an increase in estrogen production and/or a decrease in androgen production. In the majority of cases, the cause is genetic with enlarged breasts being present familial and from puberty
Causes of gynecomastia include
Steroids (and testosterone therapy)
Excessive alcohol consumption
What is involved with the procedure
Following anaesthesia, the chest area is infiltrated (injected) with a special solution called tumescence anaesthesia which facilitates removal of fat while minimising bruising and discomfort post operatively. Liposuction is performed through two tiny access sites, each approximately 5 millimeters in length. These tiny access incisions are placed on the border of the areola to help camouflage the scar, and the anterior or lateral chest wall. With two access points for liposuction, a more uniform result can be achieved. After liposuction of the fat, the incisions are closed with a single stitch. An incision is then made along the border of the areola from approximately three o’clock to nine o’clock to perform gland excision under direct vision. Glandular or breast tissue is then carefully removed.
Following the surgery, patients can return to a desk job within 48 hours. Strenuous exercise should be avoided for three to six weeks post surgery to allow the tissues to tighten The vests can be worn under normal clothes and can be removed for showering.
BOOK A CONSULTATION
before and after
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
At Cosmétique, we offer affordable Gynecomastia at our clinics in Perth, Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Melbourne, with prices starting from as low as $4,500. Need a payment plan for your procedure? Contact us on 1300 320 272 to ask about our interest-free payment plans.
Request More Information
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
2) Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
3) We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
4) Timing of procedure to be agreed upon between patient and practitioner.
5) Results may vary for each person.
6) Clinical images are to be taken at time of procedure and you are consenting for your de-identified clinical images to be used for marketing purposes by Australasian Health Group Pty Ltd.
7) 2 week appointment will be provided free of charge.
8) Longevity of action and results of treatment may vary between people.
9) Results cannot be guaranteed
10) Once treatment has been administered, refunds, discounts or free treatment cannot be issued
11) 10% GST applies to all Cosmetic Goods and Services provided
12) Credit card surcharge of 2.2% applies for all domestic credit card transactions
14) You are consenting for your de-identified clinical images to be used for marketing purposes by Australasian Health Group Pty Ltd