HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS
Finasteride (or the brand name Propecia) is a prescription medication formulated to block male pattern baldness. It is proven to be incredibly safe with less than 2% of users suffering only mild side effects.
One tablet taken per day assists in the prevention of further hair loss and only affects head hair, not body hair elsewhere. Most men taking Finasteride experienced an increase in hair count and a decrease in hair loss.
Many men are concerned about reported sexual side effects with the drug. In truth, the side effect of lower libido was noted in only 1.8% of the men taking the drug in clinical trials versus 1.3% on a placebo. Furthermore, this side effect always went away in men who stopped taking Finasteride and also disappeared in most men who continued taking Finasteride.
A common question we get is “Do I need to take Finasteride if I have hair transplants?”. We believe Finasteride is a good adjunct to hair transplants.
Finasteride serves an extremely useful purpose in slowing down hair loss and thinning. Based on current literature, only 5% of the men in clinical trials were judged to have “greatly” increased the hair but an impressive 83% maintained or increased their hair count while on Finasteride and 66% had a visible increase in their scalp hair.
How does Finasteride work?
Scientists have discovered that the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is one of the principal factors in male pattern hair loss.
Finasteride inhibits the formation of DHT and helps to interrupt this key factor in the development of inherited male pattern hair loss in men. Most men who take Finasteride experience a slowing or cessation of hair loss over the back and top of the scalp.
You should be willing to commit yourself to taking Finasteride for at least six months. It must be taken on an ongoing basis to maintain the benefit.
Men who are already “shiny bald” are less likely to benefit from Finasteride because the hair follicles may not be salvageable. Men who have early thinning in the back and top have a better chance to see some benefit, but only for as long as they continue taking the medication.
Minoxidil 5% Lotion
Many pharmacies supply 2% Minoxidil. At Cosmétique, we work exclusively with compounding chemists to prescribe our patients 5% Minoxidil. It is gentle enough for more sensitive skin, yet still with the active ingredients that have shown such promise in the quest to re-grow hair.
Minoxidil 5% solution, is a topical application for the treatment and prevention of hair loss and is a major breakthrough in the treatment of both male and female pattern baldness. It is applied to the bald and vulnerable areas on the scalp twice a day.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
What causes hair loss?
CALL US ON (08) 6117 0622 TO BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION WITH ONE OF OUR VERY EXPERIENCED HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGEONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
2) Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
3) We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
4) Timing of procedure to be agreed upon between patient and practitioner.
5) Results may vary for each person.
6) Clinical images are to be taken at time of procedure
7) 2 week appointment will be provided free of charge.
8) Longevity of action and results of treatment may vary between people.
9) Results cannot be guaranteed
10) Once treatment has been administered, refunds, discounts or free treatment cannot be issued
11) 10% GST applies to all Cosmetic Goods and Services provided
12) Credit card surcharge of 2.2% applies for all domestic credit card transactions
14) You are consenting for your de-identified clinical images to be used for marketing purposes by Australasian Health Group Pty Ltd