PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) INJECTIONS
From Perth to Brisbane, Cosmétique has been known to help our patients with skin regeneration and rejuvenation with the use of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections.
WHAT IS PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy leverages the healing power of your own body by repairing skin at the cellular level. Your own blood is taken from your own veins in special tubes and placed into a centrifuge in order to separate mesenchymal cells for the procedure. This is similar to the procedure for platelets and stem cells, which are injected as your own plasma into the skin of your face, neck, chest or desired area.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
PRP is well-known as being a natural therapy, as it uses your own blood to derive growth and platelet factors to stimulate collagen growth in the skin. Simply put, these factors are like fertiliser for the skin, and it has been reported to rejuvenate the skin to some degree. We feel its main role is as an adjunct or helper for other treatments.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PRP INJECTIONS?
PRP stimulates the patient’s own cells to regenerate and rejuvenate the skin, resulting in improved elasticity, tone and thickness, as well as colour. Collagen fibres are able to remodel themselves, meaning wrinkles and folds become smoother and less visible. In addition to this, the natural healing process of your skin becomes faster.
WHAT SHOULD I AVOID BEFORE THE TREATMENT?
You should avoid Aspirin, Vitamin E, fish oil, primrose oil, Nurofen, Ginkgo Biloba and Chinese or herbal medicines for at least one week before the treatment. This recommendation is intended to protect you against the remote risk of bruising. Your skin should be without infection or inflammation such as eczema or acne.
HOW MANY SESSIONS ARE NECESSARY?
Between two and four PRP sessions are necessary to improve the skin of your face, neck or body. Ideally, they should be carried out every 3 to 4 weeks for the first 2 to 3 months, and then once every several months (2 to 3 times a year).
WHEN WILL I SEE AN IMPROVEMENT?
Usually, you will see an improvement in the first few days or the week following your first session. The subcutaneous tissue will become firmer with better tone and texture and the lines will improve dramatically or disappear.
HOW LONG DO THE BENEFITS LAST?
If you choose to continue with follow-up sessions every 2 to 4 months, the improvement will be more stable and longer lasting.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
WHICH AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
AROUND THE EYES
PRP is a great, natural treatment for improving skin texture and fine lines under the eyes. It uses your own plasma to stimulate further production of collagen to naturally improve the look of your skin.
Plasma contains a high concentration of platelets which are a specialised cell involved in injury healing and cell regeneration. It also contains your own natural growth factors and stem cells.
For full skin rejuvenation, the optimal concentration of plasma is 6 to 8 times the amount found in your blood. Cosmétique utilises the cutting edge Regen® Technologies PRP System in all Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne clinics. PRP also helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles by thickening the skin under the eyes.
CHEEKS AND MID-FACE
PRP therapy can be used in conjunction with other treatment modalities. Volume can be restored in the cheeks with dermal fillers. Your skin can be improved with our wide range of dermatological peels and superficial hydrating dermal filler treatments. Following this, PRP can be used for collagen stimulation and skin rejuvenation.
NECK AND DÉCOLLETAGE
The neck and décolletage are delicate areas which are often overlooked and neglected. Premature ageing in these areas is common due to sun exposure and other environmental factors. As well as that, the physiological ageing process can cause these areas to lose its elasticity and appear dry and fragile.
PRP therapy is a completely natural way to rejuvenate the skin, repair the neck and décolletage, and treat lines and wrinkles. After a course of three treatments (each 3 to 6 weeks apart), the results last for at least one year and in some cases, even longer.
BACK OF HANDS
Nothing displays signs of aging quite like our hands. Between frequent use and exposure to sunlight and other natural elements, our hands are especially prone to the aging process.
Considering the fact that our hands have very few oil glands and fat deposits, it’s no shock that they are so vulnerable to aging. Here at Cosmétique, we understand the desire for a younger, more youthful looking appearance and offer PRP for your hands. Whether you reside in Perth, Brisbane or Melbourne, our team of PRP specialists is here to help.
PRP hair restoration is suitable for both men and women. It is a state-of-the-art, non-surgical and totally natural alternative medical procedure used for the treatment of hair loss or hair thinning.
As an injectable treatment which uses the patient’s own blood, PRP contains growth factors that help to repair the injury and damage caused by DHT to your hair follicles. This helps to promote the regrowth of thicker and healthier hair.
CALL US ON 1300 320 272 TO BOOK YOUR PRP INJECTIONS AT ONE OF OUR PERTH, BRISBANE OR MELBOURNE CLINICS.
Book Online Now
01) Bookings (via phone or online) are required
02) We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time
03) Cosmétique does not provide treatment to persons under the age of 18 and we reserve the right to ask for proof of age
04) Treatment is not suitable for those who have relative or absolute contraindications to treatment
05) Timing of procedure to be agreed upon between patient and practitioner
06) All patients (full fee, discounted free, free treatment or otherwise) are required to undertake a medical assessment prior to treatment
07) Patients are required to disclose their current medical history, past medical history, psychological history, past cosmetic history, medication usage and drug allergies as a part of the initial consultation
08) Cosmétique reserves the right to refuse treatment to patients (full fee, discounted free, free treatment or otherwise) based on clinical grounds, psychological grounds or mismatch between desired and likely results.
09) Patients may require less or more product (schedule 4 medication or otherwise) to treat the selected area and to achieve the desired result
10) The amount of product (schedule 4 medication or otherwise) administered will be determined solely at the discretion of the prescribing medical practitioner.
11) All patients require a consultation prior to treatment. Cosmétique offers free consultations for all treatments.
12) Cosmétique offers subsequent complementary consultations prior to undergoing treatment to address any questions or concerns
13) Patients are under no obligation to proceed with treatment after consultation
14) For legal reasons, product names cannot be used in advertising. Please contact us for further information.
15) Results may vary for each person
16) Longevity of action and results of treatment may vary between people.
17) Results cannot be guaranteed
18) 2 week appointment will be provided free of charge.
19) Clinical images are to be taken at time of procedure and you are consenting for your de-identified clinical images to be used for marketing purposes by Australasian Health Group Pty Ltd.
20) Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
21) We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content there of) without notice at any time.
22) Once treatment has been administered, refunds, discounts or free treatment cannot be issued
23) Credit card surcharge of 2.2% applies for all domestic credit card transactions